- Mohamad Omar Eyman, 26, suffered fatal stab wounds on Monday night
- Gang of 50 Eritreans attacked him when he returned to the Calais camp
- 'It wasn't a fight but a punishment, a lynching,' said a local charity boss
- The Regional Governor added: 'A fight erupted between a group of about 50 drunken Sudanese and Eritrean migrants.
- Eyman tried to flee but he was chased and collapsed from encampment
Saturday, October 22, 2016
Sudanese asylum seeker stabbed to death by 'lynch mob' of 50 Eritrean people smugglers Mail Online
'via Blog this'
An asylum seeker has been stabbed to death by a lynch mob of people traffickers near Calais after he tried to flee to reach the UK on his own, French authorities have revealed.
Mohamad Omar Eyman suffered fatal knife wounds late on Monday night when he returned to the squalid Norrent-Fontes camp.
Mr Eyman, 26, from Sudan, was set upon by a gang of 50 Eritrean migrants – described by a state prosecutor and a charity chief as people smugglers – when he returned to the make-shift collection of tents in France's Pas-de-Calais region after failing to reach the UK.
A friend who tried to defend Mr Eyman was also stabbed, but is believed to have survived.
Posted by Guihon at 1:38 AM